Monday 28 January 2013

Week 36 (9 month milestone and my bday :)

Hi baby,

We've hit the 9 month milestone and boy, do I look it! Everytime I see someone, they exclaim how huge I look and ask whether I'm ready to pop yet. Well, realistically we still have 4 more weeks to go but after next week, you'll be considered full-term and it will be safe for you to greet the world! 

There were a couple other milestones that we hit this week, firstly it was Mummy's birthday on Friday and as everyone kept reminding me, my last birthday to enjoy before becoming a Mum. So, I went to the hairdresser with Grandma, got a pedicure with your Auntie Mandy and then we had a family dinner at a yummy seafood restaurant in the city. Oh and Daddy got me a beautiful diamond ring as a b'day/mummy gift which will hopefully fit once you arrive and all the swelling in my hand goes down.

On Saturday, Aunties Kathy and Pumi popped over and decorated some onesies for you, they look so adorable!
Personalised onesies
I also spent 2 days making a playmat for you, it's really nicely padded so you can practise tummy time on the floor. I chose coordinating fabric with giraffes and elephants, which fits in perfectly with the safari theme of your nursery.
Playmat
We have gone into full-prep mode for your arrival - I finally packed my hospital bag, we got the baby capsule installed in the car, and we are going to pick up the stroller and the little cot for you to sleep in from Grandma and Grandpa Tran today. The only other thing is to set up your nursery with the full-sized cot and buy a dresser for your clothes, though these things don't need to be done straight away since we are planning for you to sleep in our room for the first 6 months anyway.

Week 36 bump
How far along? Week 36. You're the size of a honeydew!
Measurements: 70.6kg (another milestone, over 70kg!) and that's 1.5kg increase since last week...a bit too much in 1 week I think. I'll have to monitor my diet and exercise a bit better.
Cravings: Not really
Symptoms: Even more swelling this week, which is quite common for this stage of the pregnancy. I've been trying to put my feet up more to help the swelling go down and watching my diet. My back was also really sore yesterday as well, again all normal at this point in the pregnancy.
Obsessively researching: Ways to reduce swelling

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting