Sunday 20 January 2013

Week 35 (our weekend away to the Central Coast)

Hello baby,

Daddy and I just came back from our long weekend away to the Central Coast. We had such a relaxing stay at a boutique hotel called Bells at Killcare. I've posted some photos below showing how pretty the grounds are. We had a lovely couples massage there, dinner at a one-hatted restaurant called Manfredi and lazed around at some nearby beaches.

I also enjoyed the first week of maternity leave this week - it was lovely pottering about the house, cooking, making things. I've started exercising more regularly and reading the 'Pink Kit' which was recommended to me. I still have lots of it to read but am feeling a bit more prepared. What else? Oh, I also did lots of research into baby things like bottles, breast pumps, nappies. I went into research overdrive, I guess it's hard to give up using the computer so soon after finishing work

I also went to see the Dr on Thursday. He did an ultrasound and said you are doing well, still fully engaged but a good size. I finished writing up the birth plan and discussed with the Dr. Now I just need to start packing the hospital bag and install the baby seat and we'll be ready...well as ready as I can be.

Here are some pics of our weekend getaway on the hotel grounds:
Me and Daddy walking around the hotel
Passing by a cute little bridge and pond
Here is a pic of me and Daddy at McMasters Beach, a short drive from the hotel:
At McMasters beach
No bump photo today (Sunday) as Daddy was tired from the drive home and is taking a nap.

Here's a blurry bump photo that Daddy took of me last night (at 35 weeks + 3 days) after dinner. I felt so big and uncomfortable yesterday! I had to waddle to the Thai restaurant very slowly for dinner last night, I think it was from all the sewing and candle making I did during the day that made my back ache and made it harder to walk.
Week 35+3 days bump


How far along? Week 35. You're the size of a coconut!
Measurements: 69.1kg at 35 weeks + 1 day (that's an increase of 1kg since last week)
Cravings: Not really
Symptoms: Still lots of swelling...hoping the swelling will go away after I give birth. Also started experiencing some light braxton hicks contractions which are quite normal at this time of the pregnancy. I can't believe we only have a month or so before your arrival...!
Obsessively researching: Bottles, pumps, nappies, wipes, what to pack in the hospital bag...and lots more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting