Sunday 18 November 2012

Week 26 (Daddy finally felt our little lettuce move)

Hi baby,

The most exciting thing happened this morning - Daddy finally felt you move! You kicked or punched harder than normal on Mummy's side, luckily Daddy had his hand there and he felt your jab, it was so cool to finally share the experience with him.

Daddy and I have been casually looking at houses these past few weeks, we want to move to a house so you have more room to play, it's hard to find something we both love and in a good area, I'm also checking out nearby schools to make sure they are good, so lots to consider! I wonder where we are living by the time you read this blog?

This week I've been busy buying fabric - I want to make so many things for you like a hooded towel, burp cloths, a nappy caddy. I also bought a sewing machine this morning so I can get busy on the weekends making things. Grandma Banh is also very excitedly making things for you. You're going to have so many handmade items made with such care and love :)

Week 26 bump

How far along? Week 26, you're the size of a lettuce
Measurements: Hardly gained any weight since last week - am 63.8kg, I'm noticing a pattern where I gain weight every 2 weeks, maybe it corresponds to your growth spurt? I should have measured my belly this morning but I forgot, so I measured it just then after lunch....my belly measurement is 96cm.
Cravings: Nothing special this week
Symptoms: Sore back and feet...will probably get worse from here on... :(  Even my wrist is swelling, I've decided to take my watch off this week because I felt it was too constricting. And I'm definitely waddling! I look so funny! I might get Daddy to take a video, I think it's because you are lying low in my belly.
Obsessively researching: Lots of crafty diy projects and sewing machine reviews. Here's a pic of the hooded towel I'm going to make you and the sewing machine I ordered this morning. I hope the sewing machine will be put to good use as your grow older!

Hooded baby towel

---
A note from Daddy:
Today I felt your little foot or hand kick inside of mummy and I know you did it since she let off a really big fart and it woke you up! I can't wait for you to come out and we can play together, hopefully mummy will let me take 6 months off but we'll see. I think we've got a name for you but Mummy has her heart on Lucas.... Anyway I have to go now since Mummy's belly is so big and I have to help her bend over so she can cut her toe nails!

A note from Mummy:
I did not let out a fart! Daddy is making up stories! Grrrr....
He did help me paint my toe nails though because my belly is so big now, it's hard to bend down to my toes.

Here is a pic of my swollen toes, look like fat piggies now! Daddy did a good job applying the top coat though. And  because I thought it was a funny comparison, I found a pic of my feet that I took on our holiday to Malaysia this year in May - look how skinny my feet were 6 months ago before I got pregnant! haha
Piggy toes - Nov 2012
Skinny toes - May 2012




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting