Sunday 12 November 2017

Week 8 - nausea and fatigue

I was too tired to get dressed and take a photo last week. Lucas was asking about our Week 7 photo but it just didn't happen. Today he was super excited when I took the chalkboard out and wrote Week 8. He's loving the thought of being a big brother. He gives me kisses on my belly and asks when he'll be able to see his baby brother or sister. It was very easy to tell him because he had already figured it out when we took our first weekly photo. He actually told Grandpa the news and said: "Mummy has a 6 week old baby brother in her tummy".

In a way, it's good that we have 4+ years as an age difference. He's able to look after himself more now and he's very understanding when I tell him I'm too tired. On Thursday we had a long day with walking around Macquarie Centre in the evening waiting for Dave to travel down from work. By the time we got home around 8.30, I was crawling into bed. I told Lucas I didn't have the energy to read him bed time stories, so while I was in bed, he came into the room and asked to give me a good night cuddle before he went to sleep. I'm really glad to see how mature he is.

How far along? 8 weeks
Measurements: not sure. Last week was 58.9kg
Cravings: cold drinks, mints, congee
Things that make me nauseous: room temperature water, smell of onion, smell of the fridge, floral smells
Symptoms: so so tired, needing to nap constantly, nausea and dry heaving, diarrhoea (I know, ugh. Last week was constipation. I think it's my pregnancy vitamins)

Latest news from me - I have verbally accepted a new job offer. Thankfully once I resign from my job, I'll be able to rest through the first trimester at home. That will be such bliss. One more week of work to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting