Tuesday 12 March 2013

Week 1 - your homecoming and photo shoot

Hi baby,

Your dad will tell you that I'm a bit obsessed with taking photos. It's no surprise then that my son would have a well-documented life with lots of videos and photos. Lucky for us, you're a natural poser with very expressive hands that often send Daddy and I into fits of laughter as you look like you are deliberately posing. Don't believe me? Have a look at these photos:

Day 6 - held by Daddy
Day 8 - being held by Daddy
Day 10 - being fed by Grandma

Your first week back at home was quite overwhelming for your Dad and I as we no longer had the midwives to tell us how to look after you. During the first week back home, you suddenly decided you no longer wanted to breastfeed. We made it too easy for you by giving you a bottle of pumped breastmilk after you finished nursing. That was how I was taught at the hospital but now I realise the midwives asked me to pump afterwards to increase my milk supply. After a few days of you refusing to breastfeed and getting frustrated during each feed, we went to the breastfeeding clinic to get some help. It seems you got too reliant on the bottle to get your food and nursing on the breast was too much work. So I went on a pumping strike and stopped giving you the bottle. Thankfully, after only a couple of days you were back on track and now that we are in your 3rd week, you love being breastfed. Perhaps a little too much as I am now breastfeeding you around the clock every 2-3 hours!

During your first week I scheduled a newborn photography shoot for you. It had to be taken before you were 2 weeks old so that you still had the soft, flexible newborn look. You slept right through the 3.5 hour session and at the end, the photographer told us you were one of the easiest babies she's ever worked with. I'm still waiting for the entire photo gallery but here's a sneak peek:

Day 11 - newborn pic
We don't have many pics while you are awake but here is one that I finally got. Your eyes look so alert!
Day 10
I'm starting a new photo series documenting your every week for the first month, and then every month after that. Here are the first 2 in the series, let's hope I keep it up!

Just born
Week 1
Week 1 with Mummy & Daddy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting