Sunday 24 June 2012

Week 6 (and why daddy keeps calling you Cherry)

Week beginning June 24, 2012

Hi baby,

I've kept a diary since I was 12, so it was only natural that I would track the events leading up to motherhood.

Daddy has fallen into the habit of calling you Cherry, even though we have no idea if you'll be a boy or girl. I'm trying to stop him but I've found myself falling into the habit too. So how did it all start?

Late last year at Uncle Vinny and Auntie Kathy's house, we got to chatting about baby names. For some reason, instead of coming up with nice baby names, we started joking about the worst names we can give our children. Cherry came up tops paired next to daddy's surname and Bertie was the other winner next to mummy's surname. So, that's how those names have stuck. On their own, Cherry sounds quite cute. If you watch our wedding video carefully, you'll hear Aunty Kathy saying those names again. Don't worry though baby, we'll come up with better ones by the time you pop around!

Week 6 bump
How far along? Week 6. Bump has been showing but it could also just be bloating and too much eating...
Measurements: 53.1kg (not sure what the weight gain is since we only got our scales yesterday). Waist: 72cm and belly: 84cm
Cravings: No cravings yet
Symptoms: Pimples :( had my facial yesterday and the beautician thinks you'll be a boy because pregnant women with pimples usually have boys and pregnant women with beautiful skin have girls! Let's see if we prove her theory right. Daddy complains I've been moody lately too.
Obsessively researching: pregnancy pillows. I only just read that pregnant women need to sleep on their left side. So I started training myself to sleep on my left side last night using a pillow. Only halfway through the night, daddy stole the pillow for himself. I'm thinking of getting the dreamgenii for myself when you grow bigger.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting